Art Director/Sr. Art Director
level depends on experience
Position based in Greensboro, NC corporate office
The Art Director/Sr. is responsible for driving creative direction of publications and marketing projects (print and non-print) in collaboration with the editorial and production staffs. The Art Director will create templates within the print magazine framework, design creative layout and provide illustrative material to tell the story. In addition, the Art Director/Sr. provides design and production of special projects, including the redesign of many in-house products. The individual will produce comps of speculative projects including mounting ads on boards, assembling brochures and direct mail pieces, and inserting speculative ads or inserts into publications for presentation. The individual will process and retouch images, organize and maintain digital archives and adhere to strict deadlines for all art delivery as well as secure photographers, artists and/or freelancers to complete assignments. The Art Director/Sr. will be assigned digital projects including creating graphics and/or providing photos for newsletters and social media efforts. In some cases the Art Director/Sr. will be involved in website design and may be asked to manage content marketing editors.Requirements
- Expert in InDesign, PhotoShop, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator in the PC environment.
- 2+ years’ experience with creative photography placement, layout, and design of print or digital products. Candidate must have a basic understanding of video media and photography.
- Creative thinking and visualization skills are a must.
- Ability to organize and streamline workflows for artistic, editorial and production team.
- Strong team player with an eye for design, color and aesthetic appeal.
- Willingness to work extra hours to meet or beat tight deadlines.
- Website design knowledge is preferred.
- Associate Degree or higher in Graphic Arts Design. Bachelor’s preferred.
- Approx. 10% travel may be required.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.