Associate Editor, Furniture Today
Reports to FT Managing Editor – Based in Greensboro, NC office
This position is responsible for writing and editing copy; enterprising news, business and feature
stories; speaking at conferences, events and on video; and performing other editorial duties as determined by the
publication’s strategic plan.
- Travel to industry conferences and trade shows (determined by the strategic plan and/or audience needs – typically 6-8 annually) to meet with diverse industry constituencies, report on new products, product and business trends and deliver coverage relevant to the event via print, website and social media.
- Act as a primary writer around specific industry segments (as determined by Editor in Chief), including production of a regular column/blog, news and business coverage and relevant feature stories utilizing audience-first content model executed via digital and social media.
- Enterprise in-depth coverage pieces that may require investigative journalism skills, with the ability to synthesize complex stories via use of social media as well as traditional journalistic tools.
- Provide supplemental print, digital and social media coverage and perform copy-editing, proof-reading functions for other editors (as needed-to be determined by the Managing Editor).
- Work with management and editorial team to drive content direction for the leading Furniture Industry publication.
- Speak and moderate panels at industry and company conferences and events including help creating agendas on relevant topics.
- Assist in executing production of the publication in conjunction with the Managing Editor, including but not limited to, working with the Visual Content Director and Graphic Designers to visually present and package editorial content.
- Help to produce daily and other e-newsletters with 5-10 topical industry articles, as well as breaking news when appropriate.
- Conduct page proofing when required.
- Develop strong working relationships with the Furniture Industry audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field.
- 3+ years in an editorial position or related writing experience.
- Prior experience in B2B and/or business writing. Knowledge and experience of the home furnishings industry a plus.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and growing environment
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time.
- Ability to lift approximately 10 pounds and work in an office environment.
- Strong personal computer skills with experience in writing for social media, print and various other media.
- Desire to use increasingly progressive social media and mobile tools to create content for audience.
Send resume with a strong cover letter to email@example.com