Editor, Innovative & Applied Technologies
Reports to: Managing Editor F/T (Full Time position, 40 hours/week, M-F)
The Innovative & Applied Technologies Editor provides coverage of technologies that are impacting the gift and home furnishings retail environment in a way that impacts business and customer expectations. This coverage includes writing, editing, interviewing, traveling to appropriate clients/markets, championing events and being a “go-to” influencer in this practice of media coverage.
- Provide content in the areas of coverage that include but are not limited to virtual & augmented reality, robotics & drones, 3d printing, AI and machine learning, and current retailer platforms (ERP, ecommerce, Web Development Web deployment, etc.) with a focus on impacts in the short and long term on the markets PBM serves.
- Produce content for all PBM titles based on personas and individual market needs. This position will report to Furniture/Today and F/T is the largest anticipated client group. Content will be created for social media, video channels, enewsletters and brand websites. Content will be pulled together for publication in print titles as well.
- Travel to retailers, markets and suppliers as needed.
- Provide content leadership for PBM’s NEXT conference as well as create eLearning opportunities (webinars, symposiums, round table discussions, etc.) for clients. Responsible for small and large scale speaking engagements around content.
- Be a “go to” influencer in the topical areas of expertise, often speaking or writing in conjunction with other editors/writers within PBM.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level degree (Sr. Editor) in a related journalism or business field.
- Expert level of understanding of current digital media platforms and their proper execution.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently, reliably meeting content requirements and beating deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel as needed to provide outstanding client content/experience.
These positions are located in the Greensboro, NC or New York, NY offices. Upon special approval only, these positions may be located outside of the two office locations, i.e. in a home office.
Send resume with a strong cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org