The production manager ensures the coordination, construction and layout of print materials for brands, including schedules/roles/quality of submissions. In addition the production manager manages the quality and cost of production/distribution, quotes jobs, produces digital materials and tracks all processes in a real time environment. The production manager also traffics and sets up web and enews ad campaigns.Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with editorial and sales staff the construction of magazine layouts, utilizing a roadmap tool.
- Traffic ads and ensure they are print quality/ready.
- Obtain ad material to spec and in a timely manner, working with clients on an as-needed basis.
- Manage the quality and costs of magazine printing by brand.
- Coordinate physical distribution of magazines to show venues.
- Quote print jobs upon request.
- Coordinate for digital edition ads and placement.
- Set up web ad campaigns using DoubleClick technology.
- Track digital materials and link ads to newsletters using internal software.
- Working knowledge InDesign, Acrobat, and excel. Other graphic skills are a benefit.
- 3+ years’ experience with DoubleClick or other web ad serving software.
- 2 year degree or Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design preferred.
- Proven task and process orientation, siting actual examples.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Fluent with Microsoft office.
- Web Offset/Print Knowledge.
- Desire to learn and utilize various software packages upon demand.
Send resume with a strong cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org